DPP MPs Safe to Move to PP
Prominent Political commentator Dr. Augustine Magolowondo says MPs who might join the now ruling People’s Party (PP) cannot be deemed as having crossed the floor.
Dr. Magolowondo told Zodiak Online this is because PP did not contest the 2009 elections and is not represented in parliament hence Section 65 cannot apply to it.
Close to 30 MPs from late president Bingu wa Mutharika’s Democratic Progressive Party have announced that they rally behind the newly sworn in president Joyce Banda.
“This is a very interesting political development because it is a continuation of a government elected in 2009 where we had a president and his vice,” said Dr. Magolowondo.
Dr. Magolowondo said it is unlikely that all people in the DPP will work with government given a background of a sour relationship between Mrs. Banda and the former ruling party.—Zodiak Online
|< Prev||Next >|
Other Political News
- Lucius Banda Back in Politics, Joins People's Party
- Botswana Bashes AU over Al-Bashir
- DPP Tears Apart Mozambique Power Deal
- Govt Borrows US$12 from Saudi Fund
- President Must Hire or Fire Their Vice – Justice Minister
- Political Will on National Registration Impresses NRB
- Malawi Nodes to Gay Marriages
- Another Confession: Lipenga Says Bingu Rushed on Shire Waterway
- JB Institutes Committee to Probe Lipenga
- I Will Quit Politics in 2014 – Goodall Gondwe