Phoya in Lilongwe MCP Conference
Blantyre Rural East legislator Mr. Henry Phoya told Zodiak online today January 10 that he will be holding a press conference at 15 hrs in Lilongwe city to “clarify” certain political issues.
There are strong rumors that Mr. Phoya could be announcing a political change of hat after falling out of favor with the ruling Democratic Progressive Party-DPP- on whose ticket he went to parliament.
Mr. Phoya was fired from the DPP for refusing to defend an unpopular bill on injunctions which, he believes, was a serious infringement on people’s right to accessing justice.
Mr. Phoya is a lawyer by profession.
There is speculation that Mr. Phoya will be announcing his joining the Malawi Congress Party-MCP-which is soul searching with regard to who shall be its torch bearer in presidential elections in 2014.
The individual who has expressed interest in representing the party in 2014 Secretary General Dr. Christopher Daza is already in conflict with current leadership which is evidently broking his way.
An MCP official told Zodiak Online January 10 that the Phoya press briefing will be held at MCP party president John Tembo’s area 10 residence.
The MCP is also expected to make an announcement about Dr. Daza. - Zodiak Online
|< Prev||Next >|
Other Political News
- Lucius Banda Back in Politics, Joins People's Party
- Botswana Bashes AU over Al-Bashir
- DPP Tears Apart Mozambique Power Deal
- Govt Borrows US$12 from Saudi Fund
- President Must Hire or Fire Their Vice – Justice Minister
- Political Will on National Registration Impresses NRB
- Malawi Nodes to Gay Marriages
- Another Confession: Lipenga Says Bingu Rushed on Shire Waterway
- JB Institutes Committee to Probe Lipenga
- I Will Quit Politics in 2014 – Goodall Gondwe