Kasambara’s Accomplices yet to be Arrested
Written by Teresa Temweka Ndanga Tuesday, 21 February 2012 10:41
Police are yet to re-arrest five alleged accomplices of lawyer Ralph Kasambara, six days after the prominent lawyer was re-arrested.
The five were arrested together with the former Attorney General on valentine day and released together on bail but the police only re-arrested the lawyer.
After the re-arrest on February 15, Southern Region Police Publicist Nicholas Gondwa told ZBS that the law enforcers would also nab the five accomplices.
“We can’t re-arrest them at once we have started one by one so we will definitely arrest them,” said Gondwa but up to now the five are still free raising speculation that there is more than meets the eye on Kasambara’s arrest.
Meanwhile, Mr. Kasambara is in hospital at Mwaiwathu in Blantyre where he was taken after he fell ill while Zomba Maximum Security Prison.
He is however still police in hands despite two court orders to have him released a development that has forced his lawyers to begin contempt of court proceedings.
He is being charged with kidnapping and abetting assault after the five men in question injured two young men suspected to have been sent by the state to petrol bomb Kasambara’s offices. —Zodiak Online
|< Prev||Next >|
Other Feature News
- Birth of a Mugabe dynasty in Zimbabwe?
- Africa Must Applaud Zimbabweans for their Relentless Courage
- AU Officials Discuss Fast Tracking Africa Mining Vision
- A Precarious United Front by African Leaders
- US-African Youth Leaders Summit a Form of Neo-Colonization?
- 2014 New Student Post #2: Teresa Chirwa, MC/MPA Mason
- 'Exciting' drug flushes out HIV
- Economic Interest Must Define Africa Nations' Foreign Policy
- MH17 Crash: 'Total shock' at Aids Researcher Deaths
- CAR Interim Leadership must not Underestimate Rebels Movements