21 Years for Defiling Minor in Thyolo
A 42-year-old man has been sentenced to 21 years imprisonment in Thyolo for defiling a four-year-old girl.
State prosecutor Sub Inspector Abigail Mayuni told the court that the convict committed the crime on December 29, 2021 when the victim’s mother had gone out to draw some water.
It was reported that on her return, the mother noticed some strange fluids from the girl's private parts which prompted her to ask of what had happened. The victim revealed that Tambula defiled her.
Mayuni indicated that medical examination at Thyolo District Hospital came out positive though the convict pleaded not guilty in court.
In her submission, Mayuni asked the court to slap the convict with a stiffer punishment to deter other would-be offenders, citing that cases of defilement are becoming rampant in the district.
Meanwhile, after parading four witnesses, Senior Resident Magistrate Assunta Maxwell agreed with the state for a stiffer punishment and ordered Tambula to spend the next 21 years in prison.
Tambula comes from Kautuka Village in the area of Traditional Authority Nchilamwera in Thyolo District.
Latest from Beston Luka
- 11 Arrested in Thyolo for Alleged Rail Materials Theft
- NLGFC Approves Funds for Case Management on Unpaid Mthandizi Participants in Thyolo
- Thyolo District Council Needs Funds for Case Management of Unpaid Mthandizi Participants
- NLGFC Probes Alleged Thyolo GESD Mess
- FAO Extension Workers Go 9 Months Without Allowances