Makwasa Residents Live in Fear
Fear has engulfed residents of Makwasa trade centre in Thyolo following the death of a businessman who was attacked by a group of unknown armed criminals on Tuesday night.
Thyolo Police deputy publicist Rabecca Kashoti has confirmed to Zodiak Online that the criminals have murdered a 60-year old man Medson Koneliwa after they broke their house door with a big stone at Kayipsa village, Traditional Authority Khwethemule in the district.
Kashoti said armed with panga knives, they demanded money and the victim gave them K75, 000, before they hacked his wife and him severely.
She further said that they also broke into a vehicle of Nissan bongo registration number BT 7853 and went away with its keys.
Currently, according to Kashoti, police are on the ground to trace the assailants.
Koneliwa who hailed from Mawonga village, Traditional Authority Mphuka died later at Malamulo Mission Hospital due to loss of blood.
Latest from Beston Luka
- NRWB Donates K5 million Items to Cyclone Survivors in Thyolo
- Roads Authority Commences Temporary Road Restoration in the South
- MUST Wins the Cyber Security Most Creative Policy Response Award in US
- Govt Uncertain on School Re-opening in the South
- TAML Engages Headteachers to Address Pupils Security Concerns