Data Must Fall Campaign Resurfaces
Data Must Fall campaigners have asked stakeholders to generate policy which will safeguard affordable data bundles to youth including students at higher learning institutions.
The digital campaign inclusion coordinator, Venetia Kamulete, says having sustainable data bundles policy is crucial for quality of education among universities students as Covid-19 pushed a lot of institutions of higher learning from face to face to online learning.
"We need a policy framework that is going to sustain affordable data bundles,” she said.
Kamulete however says the exorbitant price of data bundles has resulted to some students withdrawing from school when online learning was implemented as one way of controlling spread of covid-19 pandemic.
"It is necessary that students have affordable data bundles since some of students have withdrawn due to exorbitant data bundles", she said.
Meanwhile, Kamulete says there is a need to increasing access to gadgets among university students in as far as quality education is concerned.
"The gadgets should not be expensive so that many people can afford to buy them so that they access the internet at affordable prices," she added.
(by Mathias Mkupasha)
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children