MUST Student Dies After Falling From Upstairs
A Malawi University of Science and Technology (MUST) second year student, Michael Mapanje, has died after falling from a second floor of one of the buildings on campus.
Thyolo Police deputy publicist, Rabecca Kashoti, has told Zodiak Online Sunday that Mapanje, 32, who was drunk, accidentally fell down on Saturday while trying to step down to the ground floor during a social weekend party.
Kashoti says the student was pronounced dead at Queen Elizabeth Central Hospital in Blantyre where he was rushed for treatment.
She added that currently the body has been taken to Kamuzu College of Medicine for a postmortem.
Meanwhile, the University is yet to speak on the incident.
He hailed from Mvumu village, Traditional Authority Mukumpha in Rumphi district.
Latest from Beston Luka
- 11 Arrested in Thyolo for Alleged Rail Materials Theft
- NLGFC Approves Funds for Case Management on Unpaid Mthandizi Participants in Thyolo
- Thyolo District Council Needs Funds for Case Management of Unpaid Mthandizi Participants
- NLGFC Probes Alleged Thyolo GESD Mess
- FAO Extension Workers Go 9 Months Without Allowances