MCTU Introduces New Project to End Child Labour
The Malawi Congress of Trade Union (MCTU) has introduced a new project to eliminate child labour cases which have become rampant in tobacco growing districts.
MCTU projects coordinator, Joseph Kankhwangwa, says now that the farming season is approaching, the tendency of employing children in tobacco estates becomes common especially in Mchinji, Kasungu, Lilongwe and Mzimba.
He has told members of the District Child Labour Committee in Mchinji today that they should coordinate well in handling cases of child labour.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children