NBS Extends 'Saving Always Wins’ competition
NBS Bank has expressed some happiness that despite the current economic challenges, many citizens are still demonstrating a culture of saving money.
NBS Head of Retail Banking, Victoria Chanza told journalists in Blantyre on Monday that through the 'Saving always wins competition,' the bank has registered some positive results hence extending the competition from 31 October to 31 October, this year.
“We launched this promotion on 25 June with plans to conclude it on 31 October, but due to the overwhelming response, we decided to extend it to 31 December," said Chanza.
She added that they decided to come up with the initiative to encourage a saving culture and give back to citizens, especially their customers.
“The grand prize is K6 million. We also give out consolation prizes which are K50, 000 groceries shopping vouchers and a flight trip from Blantyre to Lilongwe or from Lilongwe to Blantyre with all expenses paid by the bank,” explained she.
The initiatives by the bank come when the country is facing some economic challenges including the recent 44 percent devaluation.
Latest from Christopher Sande
- Mother Care Groups Applauded for Enhancing Immunization
- Oxfam, Hygiene Village Project geared to curb Cholera
- Double Trouble for Malawi's LGBTQI+ Community
- FEDOMA Pushes for Urgent Assenting of Persons with Disabilities Bill, 2023
- Farmers, Authorities Take Action to Overcome Effects of Cyclone Freddy