One dies eight others injured in Ntchisi accident
By Henderson Charles Msusa
A man was killed while eight others were admitted to Ntchisi District Hospital following a road accident which occurred on an earth road between Chikhwakhwa and M'nyanga village Saturday.
One of the persons who was in the car involved in the accident, Petro Jaziel told Zodiak that the accident involved a lorry which carried about 63 people on board, a group of mourners, going to a funeral ceremony in M'nyanga Village Traditional Authority Vuso Jere in the district.
"At the time, the vehicle was coming from Malomo direction heading to the funeral ceremony. The driver failed to control the vehicle when passing through a mound, resulting into an overturn," he said.
Spokesperson for Ntchisi District Hospital Samison Mfuyeni, said following the accident, one man died because of severe head injuries.
"About 15 people sustained minor injuries and we treated them as outpatients," he added.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children