Tremor Hits Southern Region of Malawi
Geological authorities say the tremor that has hit some parts of the southern region Thursday afternoon is of 5.0 magnitude.
Reports are indicating that the tremor has hit South region at around 12:50.
Director of Geological Survey Kondwani Dombola, says that the epicenter of the tremor is Mozambique about 38 kilometres North East of Nsanje and has mainly hit districts such as, Blantyre and Zomba.
"I can confirm that there has been an earthquake or tremor today in some parts of southern Malawi, mainly felt in Blantyre and Zomba and probably some areas.
"It has an epicenter in Mozambique about 38 Kilometres North East of Nsanje district and has magnitude of 5.0. No damage reported yet," Dombola said.
He has, however, advised people to remain indoors under the coverings in such as tables to avoid being hit by rubles.
According to our reporters, the tremor has also been felt in Thyolo, Phalombe and Mulanje districts.
Latest from Beston Luka
- TNM Donates K20 millon to Cyclone Freddy Survivors in Chikwawa
- NRWB Donates K5 million Items to Cyclone Survivors in Thyolo
- Roads Authority Commences Temporary Road Restoration in the South
- MUST Wins the Cyber Security Most Creative Policy Response Award in US
- Govt Uncertain on School Re-opening in the South