Public Health Sector Hit Hard by Staff Shortage - Minister
Health minister, Khumbize Kandodo-Chiponda, has conceded that the public health sector is seriously hit by shortage of health workers.
Kandodo-Chiponda made the confession in an interview after she paid a surprise-visit to Kasungu District Hospital last night. She disclosed that her ministry is in talks with ministries of Finance and Local Government to recruit more health workers.
The visit to the hospital was to check on how health workers help patients at night.
Latest from Online Journalist
- Jehovah's Witnesses Share Messages of Hope at Continental Hockey Tourney
- Zomba COSs Planning Next Steps After Thursday Violence
- SAA Suspends Flights to Malawi
- Malawi Takes the World by Storm: Scorcher's Cosafa Victory - A Tale for Women Pursuing Their Dreams
- How Jehovah’s Witnesses Are Instilling Kindness in Their Children