School Girl, Woman Killed in Thyolo
Police in Thyolo have disclosed that a 12-year-old school girl who went missing on Monday was raped before her assailants strangled her to death.
Thyolo police deputy spokesperson, Rabecca Kashoti has told Zodiak Online that the deceased's body was found on Tuesday, near Namitete river banks, with both arms and legs bound.
Kashoti says, the girl who was in standard 8 at Ntambanyama primary school, was abducted after her part-time lessons.
She added that her body has been found on Tuesday and postmortem points to "'suffocation secondary to strangulation' as the cause of death.
The deceased hailed from Ganiza village in the area of Traditional Authority Kapichi.
In a related development, another body of a woman was found in a decomposed state behind Makwasa market on Tuesday in the same area.
Police have identified her as Mumderanji Chikanyala aged 25, of Mkalozwa village, Traditional Authority Changata in the district.
According to Kashoti, a preliminary investigation has failed to establish the cause of death due to the body’s state.
Latest from Beston Luka
- NRWB Donates K5 million Items to Cyclone Survivors in Thyolo
- Roads Authority Commences Temporary Road Restoration in the South
- MUST Wins the Cyber Security Most Creative Policy Response Award in US
- Govt Uncertain on School Re-opening in the South
- TAML Engages Headteachers to Address Pupils Security Concerns